Join Dr. Chris Gunter, N.C. State vegetable production specialist, and other tomato experts at N.C. State University for a “virtual tour” of the Tomato Growers Information Portal, a new Web portal designed specifically for N.C. tomato growers and Extension agents. Online resources include business management tools, the latest production guidelines, links to weather and climate data and much more.
|What:||Tomato Portal Web Tour|
|Who:||Growers and Extension Agents|
|When:||Wednesday, March 10, 2010 – 10 to 11 a.m.|
|Where:||Watch a recording of the webinar (System Requirements)|
- Dr. Chris Gunter – Vegetable production specialist
- Mr. Rod Gurganus – Team leader, N.C. MarketReady
- Dr. Kelly Ivors – Plant pathogens specialist – author of Foliar Fungicide Spray Guide for Tomatoes in North Carolina
- Dr. Katie Jennings – Weed management specialist
- Dr. Penelope Perkins-Veazie – Postharvest physiologist, Plants for Human Health Institute
This is an open meeting. Attendees don’t require a password to join. If asked for a “Login Name” and “Password,” simply type in your first and last name and leave the password blank.
Download the Webinar Flier
Visit the Tomato Growers Information Portal
The Tomato Growers Information Portal was developed by N.C. MarketReady, a program of N.C. Cooperative Extension located at the N.C. Research Campus in Kannapolis, with financial support from the N.C. Tobacco Trust Fund Commission and the Agricultural Advancement Consortium of The Rural Center.